Our scholarship includes tuition, books and fees for up to four years. METP fellows also receive:
- Room and board: Our scholarship provides an allowance for housing and meals based on the institution’s Cost of Attendance, as determined by the Office of Financial Aid. Any excess funds available after the METP pays institutional charges will be provided to the student. These excess funds can be used to pay for off campus housing after the students’ freshman year.
- Technology: Each student will receive a $1,000 stipend to purchase a laptop or tablet of his or her choice.
- Study abroad: During their senior year, our students receive funding to study education issues abroad or visit top performing schools in the nation to complete off-campus learning projects.
- Professional development: During their senior year, METP students will receive the chance to attend a national or regional professional conference relevant to their teaching discipline (i.e. the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics or the National Council for Teachers of English).
- Residential Institutes: The summer before their junior year, students will travel to spend one week at both MSU and Ole Miss to attend residential institutes led by faculty from both universities. Institutes will focus on contemporary issues in education and promote innovative, research-based pedagogy and methodology.
- Cross-campus learning: Each semester, our students will spend one night on the campus of the other institution to engage in scholarly activities and professional development with fellow METP students.